- 2 tbsp olive oil;
- 1 4oz package of House of Jerky Ghost Pepper Jerky, soaked in boiling hot water for 30 minutes, then thinly sliced;
- 1 15oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes;
- 8 good quality Mexican style corn tortillas, warmed in a towel;
- 2 ripe avocados, diced and tossed with salt and lime juice;
- Shredded cheese of choice (I chose sharp cheddar);
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, shredded;
- 1 tart apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks;
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias;
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, minced;
- Juice of one lime;
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan, add the jerky and tomatoes with juice, cover, reduce heat and simmer for as long as you have time. I simmered mine for an hour and a half, occasionally adding a bit of water. The filling should be moist, but not soupy.
- Toss cabbage, apple, scallions, parsley, cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of oil together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 30 minutes, allowing flavors to meld.
- Place warmed tortillas on plates, 2 per person. Top each tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of jerky filling. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with diced avocado and cabbage-apple slaw. Serve immediately.
Source: Read the complete article at Gourmet Rambler
- 8 soft tortillas
- 3 medium peeled sweet potatoes, diced and roasted with pure olive.
- 1 ½ cups of sharp shredded cheddar
- 2 oz. very thinly sliced Sweet and Spicy HOJ Pork Jerky
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line two sheetpans with tin foil
- Mash together roasted sweet potatoes and pork jerky, season to taste with Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Spread sweet potato filling about ½ inch thick on ½ of the soft tortillas, sprinkle heavily with the shredded cheddar and then fold over.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tortillas are crispy on the edges. Best served hot (but also good cold)
Garnish with Cilantro Honey Sour Cream
Cilantro Honey Sour Cream
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 T honey (warmed slightly in microwave)
- 1 tea fresh lemon juice
- 1 tea fresh chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- 4 Sweet Bell Peppers, red, yellow or orange, Holland Bells recommended as the skin is thicker
- 5 tbsp pure Olive Oil (not EV)
- 1 small Vidalia Onion, small diced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup ripe de-seeded and small diced tomatoes
- 1 lb of ground beef or buffalo
- 1 tsp. Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- 2 oz. fine chopped HOJ Sweet and Spicy Beef Brisket Jerky
- 1 1/2 Cup of cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh ground cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut off the tops of the Bell Peppers and a small slice off the bottom of the pepper (so it sits flat) and de-seed. Roll exterior lightly in olive oil and place in a cast iron pan, open end up. Reserve tops and roll in olive oil.
Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, add the garlic, tomatoes and cilantro and cook on low heat for another 3-4 minutes, drain mixture reserving any liquid.
Mix the remaining ingredients with the onion and tomato mix until well blended. Stuff peppers with mixture and drizzle reserved olive oil/garlic/tomato mixture over the top. Top with the pepper tops and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
Serve immediately. Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
A nice side is sour cream mixed with fresh cilantro, a little honey, fresh fine chopped garlic and a little lemon juice.
- 1 Qt V8 Juice
- 4 Cups Good Quality Vodka
- 7 Dashes Chipotle Tabasco
- 4 Tbs. Fresh Grated or Prepared (Fresh) Horseradish
- 3 Tbs. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 7 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Celery Salt
Garnish With Sweet and Spicy Beef Brisket
Celery Stalk optional
Mix well, shake with ice and strain, serve straight up or over ice.
Looking for the Sweet and Spicy Beef Brisket? Click here to visit the House of Jerky Store Online!
We’re happy to announce you can now create and share a wishlist of your favorite House Of Jerky flavors!
What we are doing to help? With high demand from troops overseas House of Jerky® wants to do more.
Send jerky to a soldier
We strongly support our troops that are risking their lives for our freedom. We hear from many servicemen & women that jerky is what they like to receive most.
Discount for Troops
We offer a 15% discount on all orders shipped to Military APO/FPO addresses. If your service member is in boot camp or is stationed somewhere, let us know. Of course we offer them the same Military discount. Discount code: troops2014 Note: Discount code is only valid for orders shipped to Military APO/FPO addresses and not valid for on sale or specially price products.
Our Jerky for Our Troops page has specially selected & priced packages to send to APO/FPO addresses only.
It’s so little to do for those that are giving so much on our behalf. We will continue to support them until they all come Home. Please share this opportunity with your friends, family and coworkers.
Thank you for your support, Janie
Sign up to receive great jerky on a monthly basis with our Jerky of the Month program. You can receive the highest quality jerky fresh to your door every month – free shipping too!
We have been donating and offering discounts to our troops for years.
On the 30th of each month we will choose one story out of those submitted that month to send a 20 0z Heroes Pack.
- If you know an active duty serviceman or woman that you would like us to send jerky to, please submit his/her name and tell us why we should send jerky.
- If you are active duty, you can also submit yourself or your unit.
How to submit: Simple, complete the form below. You must include your name and email address so we can contact you if your submission is selected.
On the 30th of each month we will choose one story out of those submitted that month to send a 20 0z Heroes Pack. If you know an active duty serviceman or woman that you would like us to send jerky to, please submit his/her name and tell us why we should send jerky. If you are active duty, you can also submit yourself or your unit.